Wednesday, July 8, 2009

80,000 fans welcome Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid

80,000 fans pack Santiago Bernabeu to see Cristiano Ronaldo as Real Madrid player for the first time

Cristiano Ronaldo received a ecstatic welcome from 80,000 Real Madridfans at Santiago Bernabeu on Monday.After 50,000 came out for the introduction of Brazilian Kaka last week, the club loyal fans began lining up the stadium around lunchtime to greet the Portuguese international.

Soon after 9pm local time, Cristiano Ronaldo came out to a ecstatic reception wearing the same No. 9 shirt worn by Real Madrid outstanding Alfredo di Stefano and was received on stage by Real legend Alfredo di Stefano, compatriot Eusebio and Real president Florentino Perez.

A glowing Ronaldo stated"I've achieved one of my dreams.I want this to begin as quickly as possible so that I can show what I can do."before leading all fans the traditional cheer-Viva Madrid!

“A childhood dream has come true for me, to come to Real Madrid. It's incredible that the stadium is full just for me,” Cristiano added, before demonstrating off his skills with the ball.

Security failed to hold back the fans, with several teenagers jumping the barrier in hunt for Cristiano's autograph.

Bookmark and Share

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: